Based in Atlanta, Ga., Crawford & Company (www.crawfordandcompany.com) is the world's largest independent provider of claims management solutions to the risk management and insurance industry as well as self-insured entities, with an expansive global network serving clients in more than 70 countries. The Crawford System of Claims SolutionsSM offers comprehensive, integrated claims services, business process outsourcing and consulting services for major product lines including property and casualty claims management, workers compensation claims and medical management, and legal settlement administration. The Company’s shares are traded on the NYSE under the symbols CRDA and CRDB.
Property claims volume is growing rapidly even before a new client begins assigning us claims.
Under limited supervision, resolve all types of the most serious losses, heavy commercial property losses or other assigned losses by investigating, negotiating settlements, presenting evidence in legal proceedings while maintaining high production levels; make sales calls and presentations when requested.
- Examine claims forms, policies and endorsements, client instructions and other records to determine coverages.
- Investigate claims by interviewing claimants and witnesses, obtaining official reports, by inspecting physical damage, by comparing claim information with evidence.
- Sets loss reserves.
- Prepare reports by collecting and summarizing information required by client, local, state and federal government and by Crawford & Company.
- Settle claims after determining insurance carrier’s liability, client’s instructions, and authority levels required by obtaining demands and making offers to claimants, issuing settlement checks, making filings with regulatory agencies, disposing of salvage pursuing subrogation when appropriate.
- Control claim costs.
- Maintain expected case load.
- Recommend litigation when appropriate.
- Maintain company reputation and insurance product integrity by complying with federal and state regulations and service standards.
- May assist and mentor junior adjusters with claims handling.
- Generally maintain and grow portfolio of business/clients.
- Utilize available technology/automation to maximize claim handling efficiency.
- Uphold the Crawford Code of Business Conduct at all times.
- Participate in special projects or performs duties in other areas as requested.
- Licensed as required by state and local jurisdictions
- Associate in Claims (AIC) through AICPCU
- A valid driver’s license
- Previous experience adjusting complex property claims or claims with heavy losses.
- Strong analytical and mathematical ability.
- College degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.