Based in Atlanta, Ga., Crawford & Company (www.crawfordandcompany.com) is the world's largest independent provider of claims management solutions to the risk management and insurance industry as well as self-insured entities, with an expansive global network serving clients in more than 70 countries. The Crawford System of Claims SolutionsSM offers comprehensive, integrated claims services, business process outsourcing and consulting services for major product lines including property and casualty claims management, workers compensation claims and medical management, and legal settlement administration. The Company’s shares are traded on the NYSE under the symbols CRDA and CRDB.
Summary of Role: Train to resolve property and/or casualty loss claims. Training includes how to investigate losses and how to negotiate settlements.
Responsibilities of a Claims Adjuster include:
• Examines claims forms
• Investigates claims by interviewing claimants and witnesses
• Sets loss reserves
• Prepares reports
• Settles claims by determining insurance carrier’s liability
• Controls claims costs
• Recommends litigation when appropriate
• Presents evidence at legal proceedings
• Maintains company reputation and integrity of insurance products.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge through company provided education.
• Bachelors' degree required.
• Degree in insurance or business strongly preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Good attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and mathematical ability.
• Strong PC/laptop skills including MS Office products.
• Previous insurance experience a plus.
• Experienced adjusters must be licensed as required by state and local jurisdictions.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Must complete designated continuing education courses while in position in order to advance.
Crawford offers excellent benefits, industry best training and competitive salaries. If you are interested in joining the leader in the claims management industry, please apply now.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries.
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career.
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.