Based in Atlanta, Ga., Crawford & Company (www.crawfordandcompany.com) is the world's largest independent provider of claims management solutions to the risk management and insurance industry as well as self-insured entities, with an expansive global network serving clients in more than 70 countries. The Crawford System of Claims SolutionsSM offers comprehensive, integrated claims services, business process outsourcing and consulting services for major product lines including property and casualty claims management, workers compensation claims and medical management, and legal settlement administration. The Company’s shares are traded on the NYSE under the symbols CRDA and CRDB.
Provides a wide variety of legal, compliance, administrative, and general office support. Prepares reports and correspondence, requiring knowledge of legal terminology and document formats, such as contracts, summonses, briefs, complaints and compliance, motions and licensing protocols.
- Responds, when appropriate, to verbal and written requests for information from employees, management personnel, defense attorneys, federal and state agencies concerning policies and procedures or applications, action needed/case activity status, coordination of schedules for conferences.
- Composes and responds to correspondence within jurisdiction of authority.
- Opens and indexes new files in electronic claims sstems.
- Maintains filing systems; classifies sorts, and files correspondence, records, pleadings and other documents.
- Processes and pays invoices for legal services.
- Maintains attorney calendars, arranges for all travel required by assigned attorneys, and prepares expense accounts as needed.
- Maintains compliance manuals and other reference books with updates.
- Maintains project files and keeps all matters updated and current.
- Generates various reports for audits and/or internal meetings, correspondence, documents and/or presentations; creates charts, graphs, tables, and text slides; responsible for formatting consistency and accuracy on time-sensitive, high-profile documents.
- Provides specific support as determined by the Corporate Counsel or Ethics and Compliance Department.
- Complies with departments and corporate polices as well as performance standards for this position.
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Business Conduct at all times.
- Participates in special projects or performs other duties as requested.
· Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience and/or paralegal certificate required.
· Any combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying.
· Prefer 5+ years of legal assistant experience supporting legal, compliance and/or corporate office in administrative capacity
· High level of proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
· Knowledge of legal terminology, legal forms and documents, legal practices and procedures, litigation, and legal calendaring highly desired.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries;
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career;
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.