Broadspire (www.choosebroadspire.com), a
leading international third party administrator, provides risk management
solutions designed to help clients improve their financial results. Broadspire
offers casualty claim and medical management services to assist large
organizations in achieving their unique goals, increasing employee productivity
and reducing the cost of risk through professional expertise, technology and
data analytics. As a Crawford Company, Broadspire is based Atlanta, Ga., with
85 locations throughout the United States. Services are offered by Crawford
& Company under the Broadspire brand in Europe (www.Broadspire.eu),
including the United Kingdom (www.BroadspireTPA.co.uk).
Assists with the Management of the Service Center,
as well as satellite branch locations to assure an efficient operation and
prompt, final settlement of claims and organizes workflows to provide maximum
productivity. Accountable for quality customer service, technical claim results
and overall branch office administrative functions.Responsibilities:
- Selects, trains, and develops an effective and efficient staff: Ensures that Performance Reviews are conducted in accordance with corporate guidelines; reviews Performance results and develops actions plans to resolve identified areas of improvement.
- Recommends/approves salary adjustments, promotions, transfers and dismissals.
- Establishes and communicates performance standards and objectives, conducts performance appraisals.
- Manages and monitors new and pending claim volume to ensure proper staffing levels. Monitors operations, productivity reports and staff and recommends, when necessary, changes in methods, procedures, structure, and additions or changes in personnel to secure optimum utilization of resources.
- Counsels team members on educational and job opportunities which will enhance their career development, and keeps staff informed of current problems, changes, and new developments in the department and company by conducting periodic meetings.
- Administers all policies and procedures, communicates to staff, interprets as necessary, and ensures compliance.
- Develops subordinate managers and/or supervisors, particularly in the management techniques of planning, organizing, leading and controlling through continued coaching and feedback on performance.
- Provides guidance to claim supervisors to ensure proper investigation and timely equitable disposition of claims. Approves reserve recommendations, establishes reserves and makes recommendations on reserves exceeding authority; analyzes and reviews, on a continual basis, the reserve adequacy of a sampling of open claim files to ensure exposure is properly reflected.
- Analyzes files on a periodic basis to determine accuracy and completeness and to maintain control of quality of work.
- Provides quality service to clients and carriers and ensures that claim personnel are knowledgeable on client special handling instructions and carrier requirements.
- Participates in sales presentations and meetings with current accounts in support of corporate revenue objectives.
- Investigates local conditions which might affect claim handling and keeps senior claim management adequately informed.
- Assures all security procedures pertaining to client, carrier and company funds and property are strictly adhered to.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the claim adjudication system(s) and organizes workflow to provide for maximum productivity.
- Monitors workplace and work practices to ensure safe office conditions, and makes recommendations and/or changes as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Conduct.
Education equivalent to a college degree or the equivalent in related work experience.
Eight or more years of progressive technical claim experience, including supervisory and/or management experience, demonstrating a high degree of judgment and discretion, is capable of providing adequate guidance and support on administrative and technical claim matters.
Attainment of the Associate in Claims designation, and successful completion of, or active study for, I.I.A. MGT 43, and MGT 44, or the equivalent in related studies or work experience.
Demonstrated ability to supervise the work of others.
Demonstrates effective and diplomatic oral and written communication skills, and promotes a favorable company image to the public.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries .
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career.
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.